Mental wellness includes all aspects of mental health, emotional state and well-being, as well as how they interact.
In tum, mental wellness influences how we think, feel. and behave in our daily life.
Mental wellness affects each dimension in tum and includes coping with the normal difficulties of life.
Topics may include anxiety, mood, emotions, stress management. self-care, suicide prevention, and supporting others with lived experience.
Strategies to enhance Mental Wellness:
- The mental state achieved by focusing your awareness on the present moment, instead of mentally rehashing the past or imagining the future.
- Use relaxation and self-care strategies that work for you.
- Seek support from family, friends, community, and/or a professional.
- Exercise regularly, eat well, and get enough sleep.
- Express feelings and emotions effectively, and practice positive self-talk.
To read the complete Seniors Wellness and Abuse booklet please click the “Read More” button below.